Contact Form

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Fort Collins / Northern Colorado Child Custody Modification Lawyer

In the years after a divorce, your life will continue to change. You may want to move or you may seek a new career. You or your ex-spouse could remarry. Through it all, your children will continue to grow. As a result, the child custody, child support or alimony (also referred to as spousal maintenance) arrangements that may have worked in the past may not work for you right now.

Attorney Dina Christiansen is based in Fort Collins and represents northern Colorado clients in all aspects of divorce modification. There is one constant in all divorce modifications: In order for a court to grant a modification, the person asking for a modification must show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances.

In child custody and child support matters, a modification must also be in the best interests of the child. If you need to modify your divorce decree, the Christiansen Law Firm will help you present an effective case.

Modifications can range from relatively simple matters to complicated, acrimonious ones that may have to be resolved in litigation. The most difficult modification cases are those in which the parent who has residential primary responsibility for the children, wants to relocate with the children. We understand the finality of so-called “move-away” cases. It may not be possible to reach a result that both sides can accept.

We are prepared to help you protect your rights. For instance, if you want to move out of Colorado with your children, you must provide the court and the other parent with prior notice. We can help you comply with this requirement. If the other parent objects to your move, we can represent your interests in the courtroom. On the other hand, we also represent parents who object to a move. In this way, we have a complete perspective on all the issues at work in these cases and we will always try to help you reach a result that is in your child’s best interests.

Contact Fort Collins / Northern Colorado Child Support Modification Lawyer Dina Christiansen

If you need to modify your divorce decree or if your ex-spouse wants to modify your divorce decree, call us to schedule a consultation. Call 970-682-1480. You may also e-mail us to schedule your free initial consultation.